What We Do
Most streamers don’t have experience managing their business or personal finances. Buff Your Finances provides the guidance you need to make, save, and enjoy more money with your stream. We decode the money side of streaming so you can do more of what you love: actually broadcasting. The more you stream, the more we at Buff Your Finances get to watch fun streams. It’s really a win-win.
My name’s Galen Herbst de Cortina. I’m a financial planner who blogs about streaming stuff. Consider me the Yoda to your Luke. The less annoying Navi to your Link. You’re the hero of your journey, I’m here to help you along the way.
$250 setup fee and $75/ monthly
Not yet full-time? Trying to get your financial life into shape? The Starter Pack is for you. I’ll review your business plan, stats, and show you how to increase your streaming income in less than 3 months. (And what you should do with the money.) The Starter Pack includes:
- Access to our online budgeting and planning tools.
- A thirty minute initial consult to find your pain points and goals.
- A full review of your monetization strategy with recommendations.
- A full financial plan covering all areas of your financial life.
- One hour per year of video call support.
- Limited email support.
- Access to ongoing webinars on personal finance and business building topics.
$500 setup fee and $149/ monthly
Hoping to go full-time streaming or still in the first couple of years? The Beginner's Guide is for you. We amp it up a notch and dig deeper into your personal finances. The Beginner's Guide includes:
- The Starter Pack
- A one hour initial consult to find your pain points and goals.
- One additional hour long meeting per year (two hours in total).
- Unlimited email and phone support. Seriously, whenever you need a question answered we're here.
- Annual plan full plan reviews. We won't let anything slip.
$500 setup fee and $249/ monthly
You're killing it as a full-time streamer and want to make sure you're optimizing your money. The Collector's Edition is for you. We’ll show you how to up your game, and make sure that you’re putting your money in the right places to take care of your growing platform. The Collector's Edition includes:
- The Beginner's Guide
- An additional hour long meeting to cover relevant planning topics (four hours in total).
- Additional meetings as necessary to address major life events.
- One hour per year to help keep your taxes in order.
Are student loans keeping you up at night? How would you feel if you knew you had a good handle on your loans and a plan to pay them off? Student Loan Plan:
- A 30 minute "get organized" call to get a clear picture of your current situation and goals.
- A full review of your student loans and I craft a personalized repayment plan that matches your goals.
- A 1 hour review meeting including action steps for implementing the plan.
- Email and call support as you implement the plan.
You're looking for some help on one or two things but really you just need a little guidance. You're more the independent, DIY type. We'll cover 2 of the following topics:
- Nail down the Basics: Let's figure out your balance sheet (how much you owe and own) and your cash flow (what comes in and what goes out).
- Establish and maintain an Emergency Fund- We help you figure out how much cash you need to keep on hand. Your emergency fund is there to save you when life gives you lemons. Let's make sure you have enough.
- Debt Management- Debt got you down? We'll put together a plan for paying it off that works for current and future you.
- Employee Benefits Optimization- Too many options at work? We'll help you choose your best options from your employee benefits.
- Establish and track Goals and Values- Are you look for some help defining what's truly important to you?
- Insurance Review- No one really likes insurance but everyone knows they need it. We'll do a full review of your insurance situation to make sure you have the right coverage.
- Investment Review- Roth or traditional? Aggressive or conservative? Stocks or bonds? We'll do a full review of your current investments and provide a plan for how to optimize.
- Business Finance Basics- We help you assess your current business, identify new objectives, and develop a plan for your business finances.
You need something answered but $500's a bit steep for you. You think it's a little more complex than the 30 minute free consultation. That's fine. Shoot me an email using the contact form below and name your price. My goal is to help and I'm not going to nickel and dime you.